Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Day 30 * 37 - 11/1/16 & 11/8/16

I'm a week late in writing this, but wanted to post an update on my first 30 days on the Isagenix system. So far (at that time) I'd lost 16 pounds and 24.5 inches, mostly around my midsection. While part of me feels illogically disappointed about that, I have to acknowledge that a) I've never stayed on any diet for 30 days and b) I've never lost 16 pounds at one time. So really, I've had a very good result and I am certainly sticking with it for the forseeable future. I haven't been exercising any more than normal, either, so it really is the system that is  responsible for the weight loss. (Again, not surprising with the calorie restriction, but I don't really feel deprived like I would with most diets.)

I did have my Reese's pumpkin on Halloween; unfortunately it was a 'dried out' one (I'm very picky about my Reese's pumpkins) so I only had a bite, but I ate a package of Reese's Pieces Big Cups instead. I have to say, while they were good, I felt kind of crappy for a while after I ate them. I've been able to avoid the Halloween candy here at the office for a couple of weeks now, which normally would be very difficult, so yay me!

Some non-scale/size things I've noticed in my first 30 days:

  • I don't fall asleep at work anymore, even when I've been up half the night previously. (*That may change today, I've been awake since 4:30 a.m. without even a "power nap" just before the alarm went off.) 
  • I don't necessarily feel like I'm full of energy, but I don't feel quite as tired all the time.
  •  I haven't had heartburn or acid reflux, except one night when I overate at dinner.
  •  I've grown accustomed to the taste of the Ionix Supreme. (Well, the powder. See below.)
  •  I've started looking forward to cleanse days.
  •  I no longer feel like my belly is always full of food. Even when I was hungry, it used to feel like there was all this food just sitting there, and after I ate (too much, of course) it often felt like it would all come back up at any second (not in a nauseated way, more in an overflowing container way).

Today I'm starting my third two-day cleanse, and I just realized I forgot to take my weight/measurements this morning. (I wanted to take them before and after, to see how much of an effect the two-day really has.) I guess I'll take them tonight, and just know they're probably a smidge lower than they would have been this a.m.  As I mentioned, I was actually looking forward to this cleanse. Once I get closer to my weight loss goal (or maybe once I get there), I can see switching over to a weekly one-day cleanse instead of two days every other week. (Although I might then do a 36-hour fast, where I have dinner, fast the whole next day, and don't have another shake until the following morning.)

I made some changes to my monthly auto-ship order. I find I'm not crazy about the chocolate shake mix (which surprised me, since I tend to consider chocolate one of the four food groups). The taste is fine, but the chocolate gets thicker than the vanilla, in a slimy kind of way. I'm just not a fan. My first order I got two chocolate and two vanilla; the second one (the one I'm consuming now) I got three vanilla and two chocolate -- and I'm still on the second canister from my first order, because I'd been having two scoops of vanilla in the morning and one of each in the afternoon. Now I'm having one of each both times to try to use up the chocolate, and I chose three vanilla and one strawberry for the next order. I'm not always big on strawberry, but it would be something to have to change things up every once in a while.

I also changed my Ionix Supreme from the powder to the liquid. I did get used to the taste, I think I mentioned in an earlier post it's more apple now instead of banana, but it's still not something I wanted to drink as a 6-oz serving. (I've been adding the powder to my morning shake, which is why I wasn't using the chocolate in the morning.) I figured I can do a one-ounce shot of liquid in the morning and be done with it, and then it won't affect my shakes (and you are supposed to have it first thing, ideally, and not mixed with the shake). The liquid is pretty awful, though. I'm resisting the urge to change my next order back to the powder, because I have heard a lot of people say they get used to the taste. I've only been doing shots for three days, and it is only an ounce, so I'm going to give it a little more time and see if I think I can deal with it. If not, I'll go back to the powder and maybe save some liquid for cleanse days when I don't have a shake.

This month I'm trying the chocolate IsaSnack wafers; in fact I'm sucking on one right now. It's OK - a little bit 'darker' of a chocolate flavor than I like, but not horrible. Next month I'm going to try the berry flavor, and then I'll have a variety to keep my cleanse days at least a little bit interesting. Next month I'm also going to try the lemon IsaLean bars and milk chocolate IsaDelights. (Currently I have the cashew caramel Bars and milk chocolate caramel sea salt Delights.) They are expensive -- the bars are nearly $3 each - but then again, I paid that much for Kindness bars which are much smaller and less filling. The chocolates are around $1.20 each but they really do help on cleanse days; I may look into organic milk chocolate from Whole Foods or somewhere in the future, but they do contain green tea and other 'goodies' so we'll see. The bars I wouldn't need to routinely, I still have several of those from my October order, but I had a $25 coupon so figured I might as well try them. The chocolates I would need every other month if I continue to do four cleanse days per month.

I've joined several Isagenix groups, most relate to my upline but there's also one for the IsaBody Challenge participants. There is a ton of inspiration there; it's hard to not compare myself to others, but then again most of them are posting their results after the Challenge, which is 16 weeks, and I have to keep reminding myself I've only been at this a month (well, five weeks now). My first Challenge ends on January 22, 2017, so we'll see then where I am, although I shouldn't compare myself to others anyway, because everyone responds to the system differently.

As an example, I can't really empathize with the people who say they "fell off the wagon" or are having a hard time sticking to the system. (Well, except the cleanse days. I can totally empathize with the people who have a hard time with those, especially right now as I'm sucking on the dregs of a wafer and the smell of some kind of rich, hearty soup is drifting into my office from the lunch room.) I can sympathize with them, but for me, this is exactly what I need -- a clear plan of what to eat, and when. Left to my own devices, I'm a mess -- super sugary breakfasts, fast food lunches, and tons of salty or sugary snacks throughout the day. (Plus anywhere from 1-4 Pepsis.) It's the easiest diet I've ever done (and I know, it's not really a diet, but it kind of is, too). I've tried several new recipes and have a whole new appreciation for how much food you can fit into 150 or 600 calories! Plus I know that if I'm really, really craving a certain food and the craving just won't go away, I can have that food, either with some "calorie shuffling" (maybe I don't have a second snack, so I can have a few more calories with dinner), or by blowing off the calorie count entirely for one meal, because the next morning I'll have my shake and be right back on the the plan. I know for some it's not that easy, but I'm fortunate that for me it is. (And it's really not even a matter of willpower -- it's laziness. A shake for breakfast is easier than anything else!)





No comments :

Post a Comment