Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Day 23 - October 25, 2016

1:30 p.m. I started my second two-day cleanse today. So far it's a lot harder than the first one. I woke up hungry, which doesn't help. The "hourly intake" plan only seems to tide me over for a half-hour this time, rather than the 45 minutes to an hour that it did last time. I had the CFL drink at 1:00, and now my stomach is growling. I also have a slight headache, but nothing unbearable. I have an IsaDelight at 2 p.m., and then at 3 I'm going to try having two IsaSnacks. (I only needed one the last time, but you're allowed 1-2 per "intake" so maybe two will help curb the hunger a bit longer.) I'm glad I decided to do these on work days (and I have evening plans tonight and tomorrow night) -- I'd never make it if I were at home!

My weight has stagnated a bit, but that might be due to upcoming hormonal water retention..... I have to keep reminding myself that I'm only 3 weeks into this and I've already lost more than I ever did on my own. (It just doesn't seem like it, because I started out weighing more than I ever have!) Of course it's tough, too, with Halloween coming up and candy everywhere. We went to the cider mill over the weekend but I did pretty well there, only had one donut and one cup of cider. I might have gone a little overboard snacking at my mom's afterward, but skipped my second shake and had a fairly good dinner (turkey tenderloin and some roasted potatoes; I know, potatoes, but I will never give those up!).

I am going to have a Reese's peanut butter pumpkin on Halloween, sugar/calories be damned. Considering I typically have one or two a day from the time they show up in the stores (which is right around Labor Day anymore), I think having one won't derail me too far. Plus it's nearly the end of my first 30 days (actually November 1), so it's a treat to myself for sticking with it. (I did impress myself by not eating a mini Snickers that my fitness instructor gave out after a pretty rigorous class last night. It was halfway in my mouth, I'll admit, and lord knows I worked off enough extra calories, but then I decided I was going to wait for my Halloween treat. I'm trying to be as strict as I can for the first 30 days, just to really see what it's all about.

I'm also doing the IsaBody Challenge (not sure if I mentioned that) for 16 weeks, and I'll still be pretty strict throughout that, but I was encouraged today reading from several people on one of the Facebook groups who just ignore the "third meal restrictions" sometimes -- some of them every weekend -- and are still finding success with the program. Their philosophy -- and I agree with it -- is that this should be a lifestyle, not a diet, and you have to still live your life. I am going to stick to the plan the majority of the time, and even choose healthier alternatives for "everyday" restaurant meals when I can, but special occasions, and probably once a month just because, I'm going to eat what I want. There is no way I'm going to skip Thanksgiving or Christmas dinners, or have a chicken breast and grilled veggies when we have our annual anniversary steak house dinner. If it takes me longer to get where I want than it would if I were totally strict about it, so be it. I will still get there, as long as I make good choices most of the time.

On the up side, writing this has made me forget about being hungry for a while. :)


No comments :

Post a Comment